Stephanie Charlie Farley (CMALT, SFHEA)
Open Educational Resources
- Educational Design and Engagement
- Learning Teaching and Web Services
- Information Services Group
3 Lady Lawson St
- Post code
- EH3 9DR
Stephanie (Charlie) Farley provides support and training in the creation and use of Open Educational Resources (OER) across the University, and maintains the Open.Ed webpages.
Charlie runs regular OER, copyright and open licensing, workshops and training sessions, and the popular OER Game Jam sessions for various groups at the University.
Additionally, Charlie advises on the use of Social Media in Learning and Teaching, and is the creator and lead for the award winning 23 Things for Digital Knowledge programme.
Charlie led an Innovation Fund project to develop a Playful Engagement Strategy for the Information Services Group. As part of the strategy development she has created and manages the ISG Playful Engagement webpage https://thinking.is.ed.ac.uk/playful-engagement/
BA Professional Writing/Literature, Deakin University
MA in Information & Library Studies, Aberystwyth University
Certified Member of the Association for Learning Technology (CMALT)
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Responsibilities & affiliations
Association for Learning Technology (ALT) - Certification Assessor
Edinburgh Teaching Award - mentor and panel assessor
CILIP - The Library and Information Professional Association
eLearning@Ed Committee Member
Past project grants
ISG Innovation Fund Project to develop an ISG Playful Engagement & Innovation Strategy (2018/19)
PTAS Funding - OER Board Game Jams and playful engagement (2017/18)
- Icepops (International Copyright-Literacy Event with Playful Opportunities for Practitioners and Scholars), Edinburgh 2019 - Keynote 'Make and release – embedding practice through play'
- Enhancing Student Learning Through Innovative Scholarship Conference (ESLTIS19), Edinburgh 2019 - Keynote 'Make and Release – Opening up through play'