Traffic disruption during Fast & Furious filming
The City of Edinburgh Council have put temporary traffic and parking measures in place ready for filming in locations across Edinburgh.
A number of restrictions will affect roads close to buildings in the University’s central area, while filming takes place throughout September.
Although we expect there to be minimal impact to our students and staff, please be aware that some of these restrictions may disrupt traffic and parking around buildings in the central area.
We have outlined the restrictions below and recommend that you allow for additional time when moving around the central area during any impacted times.
The following road closures will occur close to our central area:
- South and West College Street 06:00 on 6th September to 22:00 on 23rd September
- Chambers Street from 06:00 on 17th September to 22:00 on 18th September
- Guthrie Street from 06:00 on 17th September to 22:00 on 18th September
- Cowgate from 05:00 to 12:00 on 21st September
Please take a look at the Lothian Buses website for any bus diversions due to the road closures:
A number of areas will experience short traffic holds, with traffic flow being brought to normal levels between each hold. This will affect the following areas close to our central area:
- Forrest Road from 12:00 to 18:00 on 11th September, and 06:00 to 17:00 on 21st September
- Potterrow, Bristo Square and Teviot Place area from 12:00 to 18:00 on 11th September, and from 09:00 to 17:00 on 21st September
- George IV Bridge from 06:00 to 12:00 on 21st September
Please visit the City of Edinburgh Council website for the full list of traffic and parking measures impacting the wider city of Edinburgh.