Photography competition winners revealed
The winning entries to the International Office’s annual photography competition have been announced.
The competition was open to all current international students, those on a 'Go Abroad' experience and Online Distance Learners.
The theme of this year's competition was Faodail | Dùn Èideann: A lucky find | Edinburgh. The Gaelic theme draws a connection between international Edinburgh and the rich culture of Scotland.
- First Prize - Paulo Valdivia
- Second Prize - Hannah Stevenson
- Principal’s Choice - Fei Fang
- Sealladh | View category winner - Tezcan Cogalan
- Ionnsaich | Learn category winner - Brianna Sommer
- Coimhearsnachd | Community category winner - Yunong Gou
- Thall thairis | Abroad category winner - India Herlem
- People’s Choice - Miranda Garralda
Winners were chosen by a panel of independent judges based on their originality, interpretation and visual impact.
A selection of photos from the competition have been used to create a 2017 calendar. View the calendar here.
Students who entered the competition are invited to collect a copy of the calendar from the International Office. Collection details have been emailed to all entrants.
Calendars can also be bought for £2 at the Visitor Centre.