Nominations open for top University awards
Students are invited to nominate candidates for the Principal’s Medals and the Chancellor’s Awards.
The awards are two of the highest honours bestowed at the University which recognise outstanding students and staff.
There are two categories in the Principal’s Medals awards:
- The Contribution to the Community Award recognises individuals or a team of up to four staff or students who’ve delivered exceptional ‘hands-on’ service to a community outside the University.
- The Exceptional Service Award recognises an individual or a team of up to four staff members who have exceeded their roles in providing extraordinary service to the University community.
Find out more about the Medals including the nomination criteria:
Established in 2003, the Chancellor’s Awards recognize staff for outstanding contributions in four categories:
- The Chancellor’s Award for Teaching
- The Chancellor’s Award for Research
- The Chancellor’s Award for Impact (new category for this year)
- The Rising Star Award (in teaching or research)
For further details see the nomination guidelines:
- Chancellor’s Awards: Criteria (PDF)
- Chancellor’s Awards: Nomination form (Word)
How to nominate
To nominate a candidate for the Principal’s Medals, email the nomination form to Nicola.Helliwell@ed.ac.uk by 5pm on Monday, 18 April 2016 (please put ‘Principal’s Medals 2016’ in the subject line).
To nominate a member of staff for the Chancellor’s Awards, please email the nomination form to your respective Head of School by the first week of April 2016.
Got a question?
Any queries can be directed to Nicola Helliwell at any time.
Work: +(0)131 650 2130
Fax: +44(0)131 650 6519
Previous Principal’s Medals winners