Supporting you with your studies
The Institute for Academic Development (IAD) aims to help students and researchers succeed in their current studies and their future careers. It provides a huge range of resources, courses and advice for postgraduate students. These are tailored to meets the different needs of research students and taught students, including Online Distance Learners.
The IAD blogs and Twitter feeds provide the latest tips, resources and events news throughout the year - from use of social media, to leadership and time management.
Support for postgraduate taught students
Resources and services for postgraduate taught (PGT) students include:
- Advice on succeeding at masters level
- Courses and events relating to your studies and transferrable skills (online and on campus)
- Learning resources and study advice
- Information relating to other university support; such as academic and personal support and career development
Support for postgraduate researchers
The IAD also provides support, resources and courses for researchers completing doctorates. This includes:
- A wide range of courses on transferable skills to help you succeed with your research and beyond
- Information and advice on how to find funding for research and links to other support services
- Learning resources and advice
- The PhD newsletter
- Details on the 3 Minute Thesis competition and other opportunities
If you have any questions about the support available, then please get in touch.