Developing your PhD writing skills
Developing your writing skills as early as possible during your PhD will make the writing up process much easier.
This may be the first time that you have written anything that is intended to result in a published academic paper and this can be daunting, so honing your writing skills is crucial.
Draw up a plan to cut writing up into manageable pieces, and try to set a goal of writing something every day. It sounds simple but the more you write, the better you will become at it!
Courses and events for doctoral researchers
The IAD offer a range of writing courses including:
- Effective Writing: The Writing Process
- Effective Writing: Grammar
- Is My Writing Academic Enough?
- Writing a Literature Review
- Text: Coherence, Structure and Argumentation
- Writing Well: Language and Style
A-Z of courses
Find out more about the courses listed above, and see the full list of training opportunities offered by the Institutie for Academic Development.