Leadership scheme for women opens
Nominations are now open for a leadership programme for women working at the University.
The Aurora initiative is designed to enable women in academic and professional roles at higher education institutions to engage with leadership development at an early stage in their careers.
The programme is run by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education.
The initiative addresses core areas associated with leadership success:
- Understanding organisations and the sector
- Developing leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Identifying and overcoming barriers and obstacles
- Growing confidence and a leadership identity
- Building networks, coalitions and support processes
To participate an individual must:
- Be a woman on grades UE07 or UE08, who would like to develop their career and leadership
- Commit to attending for four development days, one action learning day and approximately a half day of in-house sessions
If you are interested in being considered, or have a suggestion for someone you think should be part of the programme, please contact your Head of School or Support Group.
Places are limited, and Heads of College and Support Groups must select their candidates for the programme by Tuesday 6 September 2016.
Further information and the application form can be found on the University’s Aurora programme page.
If you have any other questions about the programme please get in touch: HR.Training@ed.ac.uk