Senate to discuss learning and teaching
Staff are invited to attend the presentation and discussion section of the next Senate meeting, which will focus on an Emerging Vision for Learning and Teaching.
The University has spent two years developing, discussing and refining its vision for learning and teaching.
Almost 30 meetings with academic and support staff have helped develop a radical and appropriate view of future provision for student education in a challenging higher education environment.
This Senate meeting will give Schools, Edinburgh University Students' Association (EUSA) and support services an opportunity to comment on and discuss the vision, contributing to a shared document for use in future planning.
The Senate meeting will feature speakers including:
- Professor Sue Rigby, Vice Principal Learning and Teaching
- Dash Sekhar, EUSA Vice President Academic Affairs
- Professor Paul Foster, Head of School of Divinity
- Gavin McLachlan, Chief Information Officer and Librarian
- Professor Malcolm Kirkup, Professorial Director of MBA Programmes and Educational Innovation, Business School
- Professor Wyn Williams, Director of Teaching, School of GeoSciences
- Dr Claire Phillips, Director of Quality, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies