As well as our Community Grants Scheme that opens twice a year, local organisations can apply for a smaller award of up to £500 through our micro-grant scheme.
- Community organisations and charities based in the Edinburgh region can apply for up to £500 through our micro-grant scheme for small scale community activities and local action.
- Applications for the micro-grant scheme are open all year round.
- We welcome applications for project which could have positive social impact for people living in the City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian, Scottish Borders and/or Fife by contributing to one or more of these United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): 1 No Poverty ; 3 Good Health and Wellbeing ; 4 Quality Education ; 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth ; 10 Reduced Inequalities ; 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities.
- Applications are welcome from not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises.
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel.
- If you would like to apply for a larger grant, please apply to our Community Grants Scheme, open twice a year for awards of up to £4,500.
The application process is simple and a member of the Edinburgh Local team will be on hand to support you if you have any questions, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 651 500. Please note that applications can take between 8-10 weeks to process.
How to apply
Complete the application form using the link below.
You can use the downloadable Word from located in the link below to prepare your answers, as the web form does not save your progress, or if you cannot use the web form.
University Micro-grant Application Form
If you require application materials in an alternative format, please email email@example.com or call 0131 651 5000, or ask a friend or family member to do so for you. We can send you a printed copy of the form by post on request. If you need any help completing the form, we are happy to try and help – just contact us. We are happy to talk with you online, over the phone or in person (at a mutually suitable venue).