Learning & Teaching Conference 2019
The next University of Edinburgh Learning and Teaching Conference will be on Wednesday 19th June 2019 at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls of Residence.
The next University of Edinburgh Learning and Teaching Conference will be held on:
Date: Wednesday 19th June 2019
Location: at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls of Residence.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Professor Peter Felten, Professor of History, Assistant Provost for Teaching and Learning, and Executive Director of the Center for Engaged Learning at Elon University, North Carolina, USA.
- Dr Camille Kandiko-Howson, Senior Lecturer in Higher Education, Academic Head of Student Engagement, Kings College London.
The theme for the conference is Evidencing the value of teaching and learning.
We hope to explore research, ideas and practice that: explore evidence or evaluative judgments from teaching and learning work; focus on ways in which values are explored in teaching and learning; or raise the status/value of teaching and learning.
The subthemes for the conference are:
- Enhancing engagement and creating community within UoE
- Inclusive curriculum
- Research-led teaching
- Online learning
- Assessment and Feedback
- Preparing graduates for the future
- Academic Support
- Student-staff partnership
- Experiential learning
We welcome staff and students from across the University to attend and present.
Call for Proposals
The deadline for propsals was 5pm, Thursday 13th December 2018. The submission window is now closed.
Decisions on proposals will be communicated to applicants in the new year.
2018 conference resources
The University's first Learning & Teaching Conference was held in June 2018. Keynote presentations were recorded, and materials from many of the session presentations are also available.
Please visit the conference outputs webpages at:
If you have any questions about the conference please contact us at: