The latest information and advice for students and staff about Covid-19 ongoing protection.
Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
- Informatics researchers awarded for their seminal work on effect handlers
- Informatics PhD student wins 3rd prize in the Shape the Future of ITS Competition
- Informatics REF2021 results: global reach, genuine impact
- Jane Hillston elected a Fellow of the Royal Society
- Raul Garcia-Patron Sanchez and colleagues find that quantum advantage is still some way off
We are ranked #1 in the UK for research power in Computer Science and Informatics Times Higher Education ranking. Our research environment and all impact case studies received top grades (4*, world leading). Overall, 97% of our REF submission is world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*).
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
Watch our videos to find out more about what we do and get to know our researchers and students.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?