The latest information and advice for students and staff about Covid-19 ongoing protection.
We’re running our Undergraduate Open Days on campus and our Postgraduate Open Days online, both are a great opportunity to find out about student life in Edinburgh from the people who know it best: our staff and students.
Undergraduate on-campus Open Days (8 October & 5 November)
Postgraduate Virtual Open Days (15-17 November)
Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
- Informatics researcher’s thesis earns an outstanding dissertation prize from TU Dresden
- Informatics student named runner-up in the Young Software Engineer of the Year competition
- AI fire helmet could help save lives
- Edinburgh students install UK’s first Hyperloop test track
- Nadin Kökciyan and collaborator propose personal privacy assistants to help us tackle overwhelming privacy decisions
We are ranked #1 in the UK for research power in Computer Science and Informatics Times Higher Education ranking. Our research environment and all impact case studies received top grades (4*, world leading). Overall, 97% of our REF submission is world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*).
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
Watch our videos to find out more about what we do and get to know our researchers and students.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?