We have a wide range of single and joint honours degrees to choose from.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
We offer taught and research study programmes across the field of Informatics.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Our Commercialisation team work to promote ties between Informatics research and Industry.
- Edinburgh students win driverless race car competition again
- Nature’s insect navigators inspire robots that find their own way
- Students gear up for high-speed travel contest
- SUMMA delivers a state-of-the-art media monitoring system
- Experiential AI research agenda to bring together scientists and artists
- Informatics researchers to work on a UK-wide Quantum Technologies Research project
- Eurographics Young Researcher of the Year Award for Benjamin Bach
- King - man + woman = queen: the hidden algebraic structure of words
- NASA Valkyrie interactive experience installed at Bayes Centre
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?