The School of Informatics is seeking to appoint academic staff across a variety of research areas in various institutes across the School of Informatics.
We have a wide range of single and joint honours degrees to choose from.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
We offer taught and research study programmes across the field of Informatics.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
- Mirella Lapata named one of six new ACL fellows
- Cristina Alexandru Completes her Edinburgh Teaching Award and Becomes Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Wenfei Fan elected foreign member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- CISA to become Artificial Intelligence and its Applications Institute
- Cutting-edge robot makes short work of gardening
- Mirella Lapata will give this year's Karen Spärck Jones lecture
- Robotics hub unveils latest offshore advances
- Vaishak Belle takes up his post as the Royal Society University Research Fellow
- AI can predict social media users’ opinions
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?