Study with us
Join a vibrant student community in a world-class department
Choose from a wide range of single and joint honours degrees
Check our taught postgraduate opportunities
Learn about our research postgraduate degrees
- First year Computer Science student wins a poster competition with her insight into emotion AI
- Undergraduate students to present winning app at Google’s Demo Derby Week
- Informatics researchers use smart meters to revolutionise independent living for people with disabilities and older people
- Success for Informatics students at the EUSA Student Awards
- Royal Society honours Informatics academics
Watch our videos to find out more about what we do and get to know our researchers and students.
We provide a fertile environment for a wide range of studies focussed on understanding computation in both artificial and natural systems.
Contact us, if you are an industry partner who'd like to work with us. Our Business Development Team acts as a “one-stop shop” for industry partners.
We have produced more world-leading and internationally excellent research (4* and 3*) than any other UK university.
The School of Informatics, located in the heart of Edinburgh, is the largest institution of this kind in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
Informatics is changing the way we think and live, but what exactly is it?