Charges for new furniture

Information on who pays for furniture and how payment is made.

Do I pay for furniture?

You will be charged for furniture if you are located in one of the following areas:

  • English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC)
  • Scottish Universities' International Summer School (SUISS)
  • Scottish Interactive Technology Centre (SITC)
  • Office of Lifelong Learning (OLL)
  • Veterinary Practice Units
  • Postgraduate Dental Institute
  • Biomedical Research Resources
  • General Practice
  • Pharmacy
  • University Health Service
  • Centre for Sport and Exercise
  • Transport and Parking Office
  • Day Nursery
  • Accommodation, Catering and Events
  • Edinburgh Research and Innovation

The above is not a definitive list. All areas will also be charged for new furniture where the individual is:

  • Looking for different or higher specification items from the standard furniture list
  • Setting up a new area or increasing capacity of existing area
  • A researcher and other non-university paid member of staff
  • Student (requiring furniture for own use e.g special chairs)

How to pay?

Should you be requesting items that require to be paid for, please forward budget codes to the Furniture Office for the chargeable items.