Videos for collaborators
The who and how of recruitment.
How to explain the dilemma?
Watch and listen to a 9-minute interview with the Chief Investigator about how to explain the therapeutic dilemma about oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation after intracranial haemorrhage. He covers these topics:
- Who should explain this to a patient or carer?
- When is the best time to discuss this?
- What can we tell patients who were taking anticoagulation before their bleed about the cause of their haemorrhage?
- What can we tell patients about the benefits of oral anticoagulation?
- What can we tell patients about the hazards of oral anticoagulation?
- How can we describe the balance between benefits and hazards?
- What can we tell patients about their standard care?
- How can the dilemma be resolved?
How to describe SoSTART to a patient/carer
Watch and listen to an 11-minute interview with the Chief Investigator explaining how to explain what SoSTART involves to a patient or carer. He covers these topics:
- How do the information leaflets work?
- Why is SoSTART being done and what do we intend to achieve?
- Why is randomisation in SoSTART the answer?
- What does SoSTART involve?
- Will SoSTART participants receive standard care?
- What types of anticoagulants are used?
- What are the benefits of participation in SoSTART?
- Are there any downsides for participants?
- How’s the trial going?