The latest Athena Swan news in Biomedical Sciences
- This year's Mary Pickford Lecture takes place on Thursday 26th September, 12.30pm in the Anatomy Lecture Theatre and will be delivered by Prof Marian Joëls (University of Utrecht and University of Groningen
- The University have updated ten leave and 'family friendly' policies which include enhanced pay entitlements for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Biomedical Sciences launch their childcare grant scheme to assist with childcare costs for seminar and conference speakers.
The Royal Society have published a booklet which hopes to tackle the still low numbers of senior women in universities, despite growing recognition in the corporate world that the talents and expertise of women bring enormous benefits.
- Prof Gillian Bates (UCL) will deliver the 2016 Mary Pickford Lecture in the Hugh Robson Lecture Theatre at 1:00 pm on Fri 23th Sept
- Congratulations to Paolo Puggini who has been awarded the Alison Douglas PhD Dissertation Prize for the best PhD thesis 2014/15
- The annual Mary Pickford lecture takes place on the 25th September.
Further information about the Mary Pickford lecture
- The Athena Forum is pleased to publish a statement confirming that researchers attending conferences and research visits meet the definition of ‘work related training’ set out by HMRC and childcare costs incurred as a result of the activity are exempt from tax.