Wee Leon Lam
Consultant Plastic and Hand Surgeon & Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh
- St Johns Hospital, Livingston
- Consultant Plastic and Hand Surgeon, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh and St. John's Hospital, Livingston, United Kingdom.
Current Internation and National Appointments
- Honorary clinical senior lecturer, University of Edinburgh
- Immediate Past President, British Foundation of International Reconstructive Surgery and Training (BFIRST)
- Editor, Journal of Hand Surgery (Eur Vol.)
- Committee of Management, Journal of Hand Surgery (Eur Vol.)
- Council Member British Society of Surgery for the Hand (BSSH)
- Council Member, British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS)
- Elected Member, Congenital Hand Anomalies Study Group (CHASG)
- Elected Member, Pediatric Hand International Societies of Surgeons (PHISOS)
- Steering Committee, UK Upper Lim Spasticity Group
- Committee Member, BSSH Overseas Committee
- Specialty Surgical Board in Plastic Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MB ChB (University of Edinburgh, 1997)
- MRCS Edinburgh (2001)
- Master of Philosophy (2004)
- Intercollegiate Specialty Examination (Plastic Surgery, 2009)
- Diploma in Hand Surgery (UK, 2012)
- European Diploma in Hand Surgery (2016)
- Postgraduate certificate in medical education (2020)
- Developmental Biology of the Hand and Upper Limb using the Chicken Limb Model (in conjunction with Dr Megan Davey at the Roslin Institute)
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measures: Validation and Design, especially in the Paediatric Population with Congenital Hand Anomalies
- The Use of 3D printing Technology for Design of intelligent hand prostheses for paediatric and adult populations (in conjunction with Dr Adam Stokes at the Department of Engineering, University of Edinburgh)
- The Use of 3D printing technology to design scanned cadaveric models for teaching
University of Edinburgh Supervised Projects
- Msc Anatomy Project, 2013: Highly Selective Neurectomy In The Treatment Of Spastic Cerebral Palsy: An Anatomical Mapping Of The Median And Ulnar Nerves
- MSc Anatomy Project, 2014: Blood Supply of the Free Metatarsophalangeal joint
- Special Study Module Project, 2013: Patient Reported Outcomes Following Wide Awake Hand Surgery Technique For Carpal Tunnel Decompressions: A Comparative Study Between The WAHS And Conventional Techniques
- Special Study Module Project, 2013: Design And Validation Of A Patient Reported Outcome Measure For Congenital Trigger Thumb
- Special Study Module Project, 2015: The Use of Fat Transfer to Improve Comfort Score in Amputation Stumps
- Special Study Module Project, 2014: Analysis Of Parental Concerns In Children Born With Congenital Hand Anomalies: A Strategy For Building Resilience
- Special Study Module Project, 2014: Designing A Curriculum For Hand Surgery Training In Cambodia And Other Developing Countries
- Master of Philosophy (M Phil), 2002-2004: Plastic and Burns Research Fellow, University of Bradford “Pentoxifylline inhibits the In-Vitro Contractility of Dupuytren’s Disease Fibroblasts”. Winner of Journal of Hand Surgery’ Prize, Best Paper 2004: Editorial Board, Journal of Hand Surgery (European Vol), 2013-2016
- Medical Student Special Study Module, 1997: Princess Margaret Rose Hospital, Edinburgh “Long term Outcome of Centralisation and Pollicisation of the Radial Club Hand”
- Microsurgical Fellowship, Taiwan and Mayo Clinic, USA, 2009-2011 Reducing the Extensor Lag in Free Vascularised Joint Transfer: “Comparative Anatomy Between The Second Toe And Finger PIP Joint”
- Peripheral Nerve Fellowship, Taiwan, 2009-2011: “Enhancing Nerve Regeneration with the Use of a Vascularised Stem-Cell PLA/PLLA Nerve Conduit”
Awards and Prizes
- British Society of Surgery for the Hand Stack Traveling Fellowship, 2020
British Society of Surgery for the Hand (BSSH) Pulvertaft Prize, Best Essay, 2016
World Congenital Hand SYmposium, Sonice Hedgehog Prize, Best Paper, 2015
American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) Travelling Fellowship, 2011
BSSH Journal of Hand Surgery Prize, Best Oral Presentation, 2004
BSSH Travelling Scholarship, 2009-10
British Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (BAPRAS) Instructional Course Prize, 2006
MacKenzie Prize in Anatomy, University of Edinburgh, 1999
- Lam W, Wei FC (2011) Toe to Hand Transplantation. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. Vol. 38 (4): 551-559.
- Loh W, Lam W: Dupuytren’s Disease. In: Mercer’s Orthopedic Surgery. 10th Ed. Eds: Sivanathan, Sherry. Oxford. 1324-1332.
- Wei FC, Lam W: Thumb and Finger Reconstruction: Microsurgical Techniques. In: Plastic Surgery. Ed: Neligan P. Elsevier. 295-310.
- Lam W, Wei FC: Thumb Reconstruction. Grabb and Smith’s Plastic Surgery 7th Edition. Eds: Thorne C et al. Lippincott. In-Press 2012.
- Lin Y, Lam W, Wei FC: Management of Bony Defects with the Free Vascularized Fibula Graft. In: Reconstructive Surgery of the Lower Limb. Eds: Pu L, Levine J, Wei FC. QMP. In -Press 2012.
- Lam W. Smith G. Transverse and Longitudinal Deficiencies. Deformities of the Hand and Wrist. Eds: Fleming and Trail. Vol 4:71-95
- Lam W. Wei FC. Toe to Finger Reconstruction. Operative Microsurgery. Eds: Jones and Boyd. Eds: Boyd and Jones. McGraw-Hill Education. 845-856
- Lam W. Embryology of the Upper Limb and Hand. Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery. Eds: Kay, Wilks and McCoombe. In Press 2020.
- Lam W. Guest Editor, Special Issue: The Developing Hand. J Hand Surg (Eur Vol.) 2019. 44(1): 3
- Lam W, Bell D, Higgins J, Lin Y, Wei FC (2013). The Microanatomy, Physiology And Clinical Application Of Arterialised Venous Flaps For The Reconstruction Of Difficult Digital Defects. Journal of Hand Surgery (European Vol.) 38(4):352-65.
Peer Review Publications
- Tian XF, Lam, W, Guo W, Chen T, Chen SL. Congenital peripheral nerve hypoplasia: a report of seven cases (2020). J Hand Surg (Eur): In Press
- Lam W, Trew C, Gall C, Wong L, DuncanO, Teo I. Developing A Parental-Friendly Scoring System for Children With Congenital Hand Differences (2020). J Hand Surg (AP): In Press
- Jegathesan J, Stewart C, Tong P, Lam `W, Rajaratnam V. Comparison of prevelance of osteoarthritis in the hand: multicentre retrospective cohort study (2020). J Hand and Microsurgery. In Press
- Goldfarb C, Ezaki M, Wall L, Lam W, Oberg K. The Oberg-Manske-Tonkin (OMT) Classification of Congenital Upper Extremities: Update for 2020 (2020). J Hand Surg (Am): 45(6): 542-547.
- Lam W, Jones J, Hodgson S, Jemec B. Hand surgery status in the African continent and efforts of hand surgeons from the United Kingdom (2020). J Hand Surg (Eur): 45(5): 536-540.
- Lam W, Jordan D. Management of fingertip injuries in Scotland and the United Kingdom (2019). ). J Hand Surg (Eur): 44(10):1102-1105.
- Cheok S, Dong C, Lam W, Gollogly J, Rajaratnam V. A model for surgical volunteerism: a qualitative study based in Cambodia (2020). Tropical Medicine. Jan;50(1):53-57.
- Jones C, Addison P, Lam W, Davidson D. Compartment Syndrome of the Forearm Following Dermofasciectomy-A Rare and Devastating Complication (2019) J Hand Surg (AP): Dec;24(4):491-493
- Lam W, Julia D. H. Oh, E J. Johnson, S Pertinez, C Stephens and M Davey. Experimental Evidence That Preaxial Polydactyly And Forearm Radial Deficiencies May Share A Common Developmental Origin (2019). J Hand Surg (Eur) 44(1):43-50.
- Yong L, Wong, C, Gaston M, Lam W (2018). The Role of Selective Peripheral Neurectomy in the Treatment of Upper Limb Spasticity. J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 23(2):181-191
- Rostrum M, Lam W (2017). Microsurgery Fellowships – Development of a Clinical Curriculum. J Reconstructive Microsurgery (2018) Feb;34(2):145-15
- Trew C, Lam W Habitual Dislocation of the MCP Joint (2017). J Hand Surg (Eur) 42(7):753-754
- Stewart CJ, Yusoff SKM, Widdowson D, Lam WL (2016). Microsurgical Skill Acquisition In A One-day Introductory Course With Performance Evaluation Using Software Assisted Scoring System. JPRAS. In Press.
- Nott J, Goldie S, Lam WL. (2016). Blood Supply To The Second Metatarsophalangeal Joint—Anatomical Injection Study And Clinical Correlation For Free Vascularised Joint Transfer. Eur Jourl Plastic Surg. In Press.
- Lam WL, Chuang D (2015). Management of Infraclavicular brachial plexus injuries. Journal of Hand Surgery (Eu). 40(6): 573-582.
- Waughlock N, Hsu CC, Lam WL, Lin Y, Wei FC (2013). Improving The Extensor Lag And Range Of Motion Following Free Vascularized Joint Transfer To The Proximal Interphalangeal Joint: Part 1. An Observational And Cadaveric Study. Plastic And Reconstruct Surg. 132(2): 263-70.
- Lam WL, Waughlock N, Hsu CC, Lin Y, Wei FC (2013). Improving The Extensor Lag And Range Of Motion Following Free Vascularized Joint Transfer To The Proximal Interphalangeal Joint: Part 2.: A Clinical Series. Plastic And Reconstruct Surg. 132(2): 271-80.
- Teo I, Lam W L, Muthaayya P, Steele K, Alexander S, Miller G (2013). Patient’s Perspective of Wide Awake Hand Surgery – 100 Consecutive Cases. J Hand Surg. 38(9): 992-999.
- Alexander S, Lam W L, Teo I, Miller G (2012). Fracture Fixation through Flaps. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 65(6): 166.
- Huang JJ, Wu CW, Lam WL, Nguyen D, Cheng MH. Anatomical Basis and Clinical Application of the Ulnar Forearm Free Flap in Head and Neck Reconstruction. Laryngoscope. 122(12):2670-6.
- Teo I, Rao K, Lam WL, Caufield R. Chemistry Experiments With Elemental Metals – Fuel For The Minds, Formula For Disaster? Burns. 38(4): 614-615.
- Engel H, Huang J, Lam W L et al. (2013) Subcutaneous Tissue Expansion and Subsequent Expansion in Asian Patients: Safety and Outcome. Annals of Plastic Surgery 70(2): 135-43
- Lu T, Lam W L, Chen P. (2012) Achieving Nasal Symmetry in Incomplete Cleft Lip Deformities – A Comparison of Three Methods. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 65(4): 456-63.
- Tsai J, Liao H, Lam W et al. (2011) A safe and efficient method for intra-operative digital photography using a waterproof case. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery. 64(10): 253-258
- Huang, J, Wu C, Lam W L et al. (2011) Simultaneous Contralateral Breast Reduction/Mastopexy With Unilateral Breast Reconstruction Using Free Abdominal Flaps. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 67(4): 336-342.
- Lam W L, Sharpe D et al. (2010) The Use of Histology as a Predictor of the Severity in Dupuytren’s Disease: Re-visiting Luck’s Classification. Journal of Hand Surgery (European Vol.) 35(4):312-7.
- Holger E, Huang J, Lin C, Lam W L et al. (2010). A Strategic Approach to Tongue Reconstruction to Achieve Improved Functional and Aesthetic Outcome. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 126(6):1967.
- Lam W L, Hardwicke J, Laitung G (2009). Squamous Cell Carcinoma in an elderly patient with uncorrected syndactyly. Scandinavian Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1651-2073.
- Hardwicke J, Lam W L, Paterson P (2007) “What’s in a Name?” - The Public Perception of Plastic Surgery. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 60: 955-956.
- Jagadesan J, Lam W L, Srinivasan J (2007). The Use of Nicotine patch in free flap surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 119(1):437-8.
- Rawlins J, Lam W L, Karoo R, Naylor I, Sharpe D. (2006). Pentoxifylline inhibits mature burn scar fibroblasts in culture. Burns. 32: 42-45.
- Lam W L, Garrido A, Stanley P (2005). The Use Of Vacuum Assisted Closure For A Difficult Case Of Osteomyelitis. Journal Of Bone And Joint Surgery (American). 87: 622-24.
- Patel K, Lam W L. (2005). Success in the Research Fellow Interview. 331: 70-71.
- Shariff Z, Lam W L, Lambert G (2005). A diagnostic tool for the detection of anastomotic leaks. The Surgeon 3(4): 300.
- Hardwicke J, Lam W L, Dalal M (2005). Psoralen and partial thickness burns. British Medical Journal 331:786.
- Hardwicke J, Lam W L, Price R (2005). A New way of monitoring free flaps (2005). Annals of Plastic Surgery 55(6): 697.
- Loh W, Lam W L, Soames R, Stanley J K (2004). “Radial Tunnel Syndrome- The Rule Of Nine Test. Journal Of Orthopaedic Surgery (Asia-Pacific Orthopaedic Association) 12(1): 148-151.
- Rawlins J, Karoo R, Lam W L, Naylor I, Sharpe D (2004). Quantitative Analysis of Collagen Types In Mature Burn Types – A Novel Approach Using Histology And Digital Image Analysis. Journal Of Burn Care And Rehabilitation., 25(2): 124.
- Karoo R, Rawlins J, Lam W L, Naylor I, Sharpe D (2004). The Potential Role of Follicular Cells In A Skin Substitute - An In Vitro Comparison Of Motility Between The Hair Follicular Dermal Sheath And Dermal Fibroblasts. Journal Of Burn Care And Rehabilitation: 25(2): 162.
- Garrido A, Lam W L, Stanley P (2004). “Fibroma Of Tendon Sheath”. Scandinavian Journal Of Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery. Fibroma Of The Tendon Sheath – An Unusual Presentation Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. 38(5): 314-316.
- Lam W L, Rawlins J M, Karoo R, Naylor I L, Sharpe D T (2003). A Quantitative Analysis Of Collagen Types And Their Distribution In Palmar Fibromatosis. Wound Repair And Regeneration 11(5): 52.
- Rawlins J M, Lam W L, Sharpe D T (2003). Human Scars – A Comparative Histological Analysis Of Collagen Deposition In Scars. Wound Repair And Regeneration 11(5): 41.
- Karoo R, Rawlins J, Lam W L, Sharpe D T (2003). Human Hair Follicle Dermal Sheath Cell: An In-Vitro Measure Of Motility And Its Potential Role In A Skin Substitute. Wound Repair And Regeneration; 11(5): 14
- Syed A, Lam W L, M. Agarwal, Boome R (2003). Stabilization Of The Ulna Stump After Darrach's Procedure At The Wrist. International Journal Of Orthopaedics; 27(4): 235 – 239.
- Lam W L, Garrido A, Vandermeulen J, Fagan M, Stanley P (2003). “Choice Of Needle In Tendon Repair: A Bio-Mechanical Study Comparing Round-Bodied Versus Cutting Needles On The Outcome Of Tensile Strength.” Journal of Hand Surgery (European Vol.) 28B: 5: 475-477.
- Lam W L, Fitzgerald A M, Hooper G (2000). “Volar Metacarpophalangeal Joint Dislocation”. Journal of Accident And Emergency Medicine, 17: 226-228.
- Lamb D W, Scott H, Lam W L, Gillespie W J, Hooper G (1997). “Operative Correction Of The Radial Club Hand: A Long-Term Follow-Up Of Centralization Of The Hand On The Ulna.” Journal Of Hand Surgery (European Vol.) 22B(4): 533-536
Moderator, Panel and Invited Lectures
- Chairman, Scientific Session: “Overseas Education and Training” BAPRAS Winter Meeting 2016
- Chairman, Scientific Session: “Basic Science – Nerve” ESPRAS, Edinburgh 2014
- Faculty, Upper Limb Dissection ESPRAS, Edinburgh 2014
- Chairman, Scientific Session: “Microsurgery”European Symposium of Paeditraic Hand Surgery, London, 2014
- Panelist, “How do I get the best out of this flap – The Venous Flap” International Federation of Societies of Surgery for the Hand, New Delhi, India, 2013
- Chairman, Scientific Session: “Extremities” American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, Naples, Florida, USA, 2013
Invited Lectures and Presentations
- British Foundation of International Reconstructive Surgery and Training Updates BAPRAS Meetings 2016-2018
- Embryology of the Upper Limb and Sonic Hedghog Signalling BSSH Instructional Course, Manchester, 2016
- Evidence-Based Surgery: Congenital Trigger Thumb BSSH Spring Meeting, London, 2016
- Cerebral Palsy Symposium: Overview, Aetiology and Treatment BSSH Spring Meeting, London, 2016
- Free Vascularised Joint Transfers to the Hand” Canniesburn Flap Course, Glasgow, Ongoing
- Setting up my Paedatric Hand Practice National University Hospital, Singapore, September, 2015
- Surgery to Improve Mobility in Upper Limb Spasticity Scottish Society for Rehabilitation Medicine, Edinburgh, 2014
- Developing A Hand Surgery Curriculum In Cambodia European Societies for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (ESPRAS), Edinburgh, (NGO workshop) 2014
- Microsurgical Reconstruction of the Hand Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery, Tampere, Finland, 2013
- Flexor Tendon Repair And Infections Edinburgh Trauma Symposium and Instructional Course, August 2012-2014
- Refinements in Free Vascularised Joint Transfers to the Proximal Interphalangeal Joint Bunnell Travelling Fellows’ Luncheon Meeting, Las Vegas, USA, Sept 2011
- Microsurgical Reconstruction of the Upper Extremity: Old Solutions, New Paradigms Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA, Sept 2011
- Microsurgical Upper Limb Reconstruction: Refinements and New Developments Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore, USA, Sept 2011
- The Role of the Future Micro-Hand Surgeon: A Personal Perspective Department of Hand Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, 2010
- Pentoxifylline as a Possible Non-Surgical Treatment of Dupuytren’s Disease Department of Hand Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, 2004
International Podium Presentations
- Lam W L, Davey M. An Insight into the Embryogenesis of Preaxial Polydactyly and Radial Aplaisa. World Congenital Hand Symposium, Rotterdam, 2015 (Best Paper)
- Justine AKA, Lam W L. Highly Selective Neurectomy for Spastic Cerebral Palsy: Anatomical Mapping of the Median and Ulnar Nerves. European Symposium of Paediatric Hand Surgery. London, 2014
- Johnson E, Lam W L, Davey, M. Insights into the Pathogenesis of Pre-Axial Polydactyly Using Enhanced Sonic Hedghog Gene Mutations. European Symposium of Paediatric Hand Surgery. London, 2014
- Lam W L, Lu T C, Wei F C. Accumulated Experience with the Use of Microsurgical Free Tissue Transfer in the Treatment of Oral Submucous Fibrosis. International Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Vancouver, 2011
- Lam W L, Chuang DCC. Nerve Transfers versus Nerve Grafting for Shoulder Reconstruction in Adult Plexus Injuries. American Society of Peripheral Nerve, Cancun, Mexico, 2011
- Lam W L, Cheng M H. The Ulnar Forearm Chimeric Flap for Reconstruction of Buccal Mucosal in Oral Submucous Fibrosis. American Society For Reconstructive Microsurgery, Cancun, Mexico, 2011
- Lam W L, Engel H, Cheng MH. The Osteo-myocutaneous Peroneal Artery Combined Flap: A Chimeric Application of the Free Fibula Flap in Reconstruction of Composite Mandibular and Maxillary Defects. European Union of Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons, Manchester, 2010.
- Lam W L, Engel H, Cheng MH. Clinical Applications of the Free Ulnar Forearm Flap European Union of Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons, Manchester, 2010
- Lam W L, Sharpe D. The Use of Pentoxifylline To Modify Disease Progression in Dupuytren’s Disease..9TH International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand, Budapest, Hungary, 2004
- Lam W L, Rawlins J, Karoo R, Naylor I, Sharpe D. Herovici’s Staining For Collagen Analysis In Dupuytren’s Disease: Re-Visiting Luck’s Histological Classification. Combined American And British Societies For Surgery Of The Hand, Cambridge, 2003
- Lam W L, Sharpe D T. A Quantitative Analysis Of Collagen Types And Their Distribution In Palmar Fibromatosis (Dupuytren’s Disease) Using Computer Analysis And The Herovici’s Staining Method. European Tissue Repair Society, Amsterdam, The Netheriands, 2003
- Lam W L, Karoo R, Rawlins J, B Chew, A Smith, S Britland, I Naylor, D Sharpe. The Effects of Pentoxifylline on the contractility and alpha-smooth-muscle-expression of Dupuytren’s disease fibroblasts. World Union of Wound Healing Societies, Paris, 2004
National Podium Presentations:
- Oh J, Davey M, Lam W L. An Insight into the Embryogenesis of the Radius. BSSH Autumn 2016
- Bhopal R, Gollogly J, Lam W L, Vaikunthan R. Hand Therapy in Cambodia. BSSH Autumn 2016.
- Yong Li, Gaston M, Lam W L. Selective Peripheral Neurectomy – A Systematic Review. BSSH Autumn 2015
- Anderson M, Davey M, Lam W L. Comparison of the OMT and IFSSH Classification for Congenital Hand Differences. BSSH Autumn 2015.
- Lam W L, Davey M. An Insight into the Embryogenesis of Preaxial Polydactyly and Radial Aplasia. BSSH Autumn 2015.
- Lam W L, Waughlock N, Lin Y T, Wei F C. The shunt-restricted technique for improved survival and reliability of venous flaps in reconstruction of digital defects. British Society For Surgery Of The Hand, London, 2011
- Lam W L, Waughlock N, Lin Y T, Wei F C. Refinements in the Use of Venous Flaps for Digital Reconstrucion. British Association Of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Oxford, 2011
- Lam W L, Waughlock N, Lin Y T, Wei F C. An Anatomical Approach to Reducing the Extensor Lag In Free Vascularized Joint Transfers for the Proximal Interphalangeal Joint. British Society For Surgery Of The Hand, Manchester, 2011
- Lam W L, Lu T C, Chuang DCC. Infraclavicular Brachial Plexus Injuries: Experience of 90 Cases in a Single Centre. British Society For Surgery Of The Hand, London, 2010
- Lam W L, Chuang D C. Nerve Transfers versus nerve Grafts for Shoulder Reconstruction in Traumatic Brachial Plexus Injuries. British Society For Surgery Of The Hand, London, 2010
- Lam W L, Ross G. The Use of a Novel Gluteal Flap for Perineal Reconstruction. British Association Of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, London, 2008
- Lam W L, Lambe G, O’Dwyer S, Wilson M, Murphy J, Ross G. Reconstruction of the Perineum: The Manchester Experience. British Association Of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, London, 2008
- Lam W L, Niggan S, Pritchard S, McGrouther D, Bayat A. Extralesional vs Intralesional Excisions of Keloids: Is the Peripheral Margin the Active Zone? British Association Of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Deauville, France, 2007
- Lam W L, Sharpe D T. The Effects Of Pentoxifylline On The Contractility And Alpha-Smooth Muscle Actin Expression Of Dupuytren’s Disease Fibroblasts. British Association Of Plastic Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland, 2004
- Lam W L, Sharpe D. Pentoxifylline Inhibits Contraction Of Dupuytren’s Disease Fibroblasts In A Collagen Gel Lattice Model. British Society For Surgery Of The Hand, Belfast, 2004 (Winner of Journal of Hand Surgery Prize for Best Paper)
- Lam W L, Rawlins J M, Karoo R, Fitzgerald A, Naylor I, Sharpe D. Histology: A Lost Art Or Still A Relevant Tool In Research? British Association Of Clinical Anatomists (BACA) King’s College, London, 2003
- Lam W L, Sharpe D. Re-Visiting Luck’s Histological Classification: A Quantitative Analysis Of Collagen Types In Dupuytren’s Disease. British Association Of Plastic Surgeons, Newport, Wales, 2003
- Lam W L, Garrido A, Vandermeulen J, Fagan M, Stanley P. “Choice Of Needle In Tendon Repair: A Bio-Mechanical Study Comparing Round-Bodied Versus Cutting Needles On The Outcome Of Tensile Strength.” British Society For Surgery of the Hand, Edinburgh, 2002
- Lam W L, Loh W, Soames R, Stanley J K. “A New Clinical Test For The Radial Tunnel Syndrome – Cadavderic Study”. British Association Of Clinical Anatomists, Leeds, 1999