Dr Susan Morrow is Senior Lecturer and Deputy Programme Director for both the MSc Surgical Sciences and a BJS/UoE collaborative programme in development. She is also Quality Assurance Director, Deanery of Clinical Sciences.
Senior Lecturer and Deputy Programme Director
- Email: email@example.com
- As Deputy Director for the University of Edinburgh’s MSc Surgical Sciences, Dr Morrow plans and leads the delivery of the programme. She has developed a novel masters level course which she will lead from 2022/3. Dr Morrow is also academic lead for a collaborative activity between British Journal of Surgery and the University of Edinburgh to develop a PgCert programme in Evidence Based Surgical Practice.
- Member of Edinburgh Surgery Online global outreach scholarship selection panel.
- Primary Supervisor for BMedSci honours projects.
Appointments and Activities
Dr Morrow has a research focused academic background with a BSc in Pharmacology and a PhD in Molecular Biology, followed by over 15 years of clinical and applied health research with Astra, Napp, Quintiles and the University of Edinburgh. She has also worked as a clinical midwife and as a lecturer during a 3 year stay in the US.
Dr Morrow joined the department of Clinical Surgery as Deputy Programme Director for the MSc in Surgical Sciences in March 2020. She is also Quality Assurance Director, Deanery of Clinical Sciences. This role involves engaging in the implementation, maintenance and review of QAE processes, and informing enhancements and strategic developments in learning and teaching.
1990: BSc Hons Pharmacology (1st Class), University of Edinburgh
1994: PhD Molecular Biology ‘Identification of Regulatory Elements Within The Rat Preprotachykinin-A Promoter’, University of Edinburgh
2009: Bachelors Midwifery, Edinburgh Napier University
2021: PgCAP, University of Edinburgh
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- University of Edinburgh Senatus Academicus
- College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, QAE Committee
- Deanery of Clinical Sciences Executive Committee
- Deanery of Clinical Sciences Board of Studies
For a list of Dr Morrow's publications, please click here