Oluseye A. Ogunbayo
Dr Oluseye A. Ogunbayo is a Senior Lecturer and the Deputy Programme Director supporting the online Masters programmes delivered in partnership between the University of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is the lead for the Edinburgh Surgery Online global outreach strategy.
Appointments and Activities
Dr Ogunbayo has a background in academic research, having completed a PhD in Bio-membranes, Cell signalling and Enzymology in 2008 at the University of Birmingham. For several years of his career, Dr Ogunbayo has supported education and contributed to learning, training, research and development in higher education in the UK and overseas, and has continued to expand his knowledge and experience in Biosciences, Pharmacology and Medical Education. Dr Ogunbayo is a Chartered Scientist, a Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science, and the Higher Education Academy. A Mentor on the Black, Asian, or minority Ethnic (BAME) Network Mentoring Programme, and an online mentor of third world Postgraduate students appointed by the Biochemical Society (Scientific global mentoring bonds).
- Senior Lecturer, and Deputy Programme Director, ChM in General Surgery, University of Edinburgh, and lead for Edinburgh Surgery Online global outreach strategy, to support the Online surgical Masters’ programmes.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Centre for Integrative Physiology, (Now Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences), University of Edinburgh
- Associate Research Fellow, at the School of Chemical Sciences & Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich
- Visiting Lecturer at the Department of Nursing and Women’s Health, University of Central England (Now Birmingham City University).
- Honorary Research Associate, at the School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham
- Lecturer at the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Lead for global Outreach Strategy, Edinburgh Surgery Online (ESO)
- Member, ESO Global Outreach Scholarship Selection Panel.
- Member, Clinical Sciences Teaching Organisation (CSTO) Board of Studies.
- Member, CSTO Board of Examiners (ChM General Surgery, and Urology)
- Member, CSTO Taught Programme Directors.
- Member, CSTO Academics Forum.
- Member, CSTO Postgraduate (online) Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC).
- Member, BMTO undergraduate Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC).
- University of Edinburgh, Senatus Academicus (2018 - DATE).
- PhD, Bio-membranes, Cell signalling and Enzymology, University of Birmingham (2008)
- MSc, Bio-Membranes & Biophysics, University of Ibadan, Nigeria (1995)
- BSc, Biochemistry, Nigeria (1992)
- Senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2022)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2017)
- PGC in Academic Practice (PgCAP), University of Edinburgh, UK. (2017).
2022- Present Member, Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
2017- Present Member, Society of Ordained Scientists
2017- Present Fellow, Higher Education Academy
2016- Present Chartered Scientist, The Institute of Biomedical science
2015- Present Fellow, The Institute of Biomedical science
2015- Present Member, Federation of European Biochemical Societies
2010- Present Member, The Physiological Society
2006- Present Member, The Biochemical society