Mr Browning has a special interest in gastro-intestinal surgery and his main surgical interest is endocrine surgery.
Consultant General and Endocrine Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- Upper GI Surgery
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and St John's Hospital, Livingston
- NHS Clinical Secretary: 0131 242 3663 (Nicola Downs)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments and Activities
In 2001 he was appointed Consultant General & Endocrine Surgeon to the Lothian NHS Trust based at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
- Examiner: Inter-Collegiate Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Edinburgh
- European Specialist Register
- Clinical Teacher: University of Edinburgh
Mr Browning graduated from St Andrews University, trained in General Surgery at the Royal Infirmary and Western General Hospital, Edinburgh and Colorectal Surgery at St Mark's Hospital, London.
As Westminster Foundation Research Fellow at St Mark's Hospital and the Royal College of Surgeons, London he worked with Sir Alan Parks and Professor David Taylor on novel techniques of reconstructive gastrointestinal surgery.
Subsequently, he was appointed Lecturer in Surgery at University College, London.
Over the past 20 years he has worked as a Consultant Surgeon with special interests in gastrointestinal surgery, including laparoscopic surgery, colorectal surgery and endocrine surgery. He has published papers in all three subspecialties.
Mr Browning's educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh
- British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeons
- Association of Coloproctology of United Kingdom & Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of United Kingdom
- St Mark's Association