Mr Kulkarni’s special interests are Oncoplastic breast reconstruction and Breast duct micro-endoscopy.
Appointments and Activities
Mr Kulkarni is a Consultant Surgeon at the Edinburgh Breast unit at the Western General Hospital. Mr Kulkarni has a special interest in teaching and training of the surgical trainees. He is actively involved in the teaching programme at the Edinburgh Medical School. He is also a tutor for the postgraduate course in surgical sciences at the Edinburgh University.
Mr Kulkarni is a graduate of Bombay University, India (Sir Grant Medical College and JJ Group of Hospitals). He undertook his postgraduate general surgical training in Bombay University. He then completed four years of surgical oncology training at Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bombay, India. Mr Kulkarni developed interest in management of breast diseases during this cancer surgery training. He has worked at the breast unit, Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital London where he completed his research project on Breast Duct micro-endoscopy.
He worked in London for several years before moving to Edinburgh.
His educational qualifications are:
- Sep 2009, FRCS (General Surgery) - Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery
- Nov 2007, MSc (Surgical Technology) - Imperial College & St Mary’s Hospital, University of London
- Jul 2003, MRCS - The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- July 2000, Surgical Oncology Training Programme - Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bombay University, India
- April 1997, MS (General Surgery) - Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay University, India
- Dec 1994, MBBS - Sir Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Bombay University, India