Andrew J Healey
Mr. Healey’s clinical interests include diagnostic and interventional echoendoscopy (EUS), hepatobiliary and pancreatic resectional surgery, the management complex gallstone disease, acute and chronic pancreatitis and laparoscopic HPB surgery.
Andrew J Healey
Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- NHS Clinical Secretary: 0131 242 3663 (Nicola Downs)
- Email: email@example.com
Appointments and Activities
Mr. Healey was appointed as Consultant Surgeon in June 2017. Mr. Healey's preregistration House Officer posts were undertaken in Edinburgh. He then trained for a year in Accident and Emergency and taught Anatomy at Guys and St Thomas' Hospital. He completed both basic and higher surgical training in London Postgraduate School of Surgery. During this training, he undertook a dedicated period of laboratory and clinical research at Hammersmith Hospital into the role of laparoscopic liver resection and hypoxia in liver cancer for which he was awarded Doctorate of Medicine. Mr. Healey pursued periods of advanced specialist out-of-programme experience in West and South East Scotland and worked with the General Medical Council and National Patient Safety Agency on initiatives to reduce medical error. After completing his surgical training, he was awarded travelling fellowships to pursue advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic training in Milan and trauma surgery in Cape Town. Mr. Healey is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education, is a member of Academy of Clinical Educators and is an e-tutor for the Edinburgh Masters in Surgery (ChM).
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Hons) Immunology, University of Leiden, Netherlands and University of Edinburgh 1998
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, (MBChB) University of Edinburgh, 2001
- Doctor of Medicine Research, (MDRes) Imperial College, London 2011
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, (FRCS GenSurg), Edinburgh 2014
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Education, (PGClin.Ed) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG) 2015
- 2017 Alban Barros D’Sa Travelling Fellowship in General Surgery, (RCSEd)
- 2017 Price-Thomas Travelling Fellow, Travelling Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (TSS)
- 2016 David Dunn Travelling Scholarship, Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALSGBI)
A list of Andrew J Healey's Publications can be found by clicking here.