Hall of Fame
In 2008 University of Edinburgh Sport inaugurated a 'Sports Hall of Fame' to celebrate outstanding sporting achievement.
- Video: University of Edinburgh Sports Hall of Fame Introduction Video 2008-2021
- An introduction to the University of Edinburgh Sports Hall of Fame and the current inductees
The University of Edinburgh’s Sports Hall of Fame was launched to honour and celebrate our most distinguished sportsmen and women. It is open only to students, graduates and staff of the University.
The selection procedure is rigorous and demanding.
Inductees will have:
• Achieved medal success at the very highest international level, such as Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth Games, or senior World or European championships
• Won more than 100 senior caps for their country
• Made an exceptional and sustained contribution to the administration of sport at the University or
• Achieved some other notable distinction.
Over the years, sportsmen and women from this University have contributed a huge amount on the international sporting scene. In doing so, they have not only brought honour to themselves, to their country, and to the University of Edinburgh but also have inspired generations of athletes (and many non-athletes) worldwide. We salute their achievements here.