Dr Wannes Dupont
Lecturer in History of Sexuality
Previously, I was Assistant Professor of History at Yale-NUS College in Singapore after postdoctoral fellowships at Yale University and for the Flemish Research Foundation at the University of Antwerp. My work, publications, and teaching primarily concern the European, and global sexual pasts, queer history, reproductive politics, and the intersections of biopolitics and religion.
Research Fellow, University of Antwerp (by courtesy)
Responsibilities & affiliations
International Officer for History. Please note than any and all inquiries regarding European exchanges should be directed to HCA.email@example.com. For exchanges outside Europe, contact HCA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Themes in Modern European History
- Introduction to the Modern History of Sexuality
- Sex, Decadence and Decay in Weimar Germany
Open to PhD supervision enquiries?
Areas of interest for supervision
Students who wish to pursue in the modern history of sexuality may contact me. I am particularly interested in projects on:
- histories of sexuality and global institutions
- religious histories of contraception, abortion and population control
- the queer history of late 19th- and 20th-century Europe
- Comparative & Global History
- Nineteenth Century
- Twentieth Century & After
I'm interested in the European and global histories of sexuality in the 19th and the 20th centuries. These days, I am particularly concerned with global institutions, the policisation of gender and sexuality after World War 2, and the rise of today's culture wars.
Current research activities
I am presently working on a project called The Globalisation of Sex As a Policy Issue, 1945-1965.
- Unwilling To Know: Homosexuality At The Crossroads of Europe, 1870-1965
- The Globalisation of Sex As a Policy Issue, 1945-1965
- Sex, Religion and Politics in Singapore, 1945-1971