Dr Stephanie Adams
Moray House School of Education and Sport
- University of Edinburgh (Holyrood Campus)
- Post code
- EH8 8AQ
My main area of research and expertise focuses on developing, delivering and evaluating health messaging/educational programming for a range of stakeholder groups, primarily on the topics of concussion and physical activity for health.
I have a background in neuro- and developmental psychology, and a general interest in policy, health communications, entrepreneurship and public speaking.
I lead the 'ConcussEd research and knowledge exchange group' on concussion. This is a multidisciplinary stakeholder group with representation from both local and national level.
- PhD Concussion Education, University of Edinburgh
- MSc (Hons) Human Cognitive Neuropsychology, University of Edinburgh
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Acadia University, Canada
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Concussion Education Expert for the Scottish Government Concussion Advisory Group
- General Associate with the University of Calgary, consulting on the Massive Open Online Course on Concussion - https://blogs.bmj.com/bjsm/2019/07/24/free-mooc-on-concussion-at-the-university-of-calgary/
- SHRed Concussion Knowledge Translation Committee Member - https://shredconcussions.ca/
Current project grants
2020: £18K Wellcome iTPA Accelerator Fund. 'Scaling up a concussion education and best practice package to promote health and well-being'. Lead Applicant.
2020: £5K Wellcome iTPA Award. 'ConcussEd'. Primary Investigator.
Past project grants
2019: £1K - Wellcome iTPA Competition Fund. 'ConcussEd'. Primary Investigator.
2019: £1.5K - School Seedcorn funding. 'An interdisciplinary Think Tank to Prioritize & Co-Develop the Concussion Research Agenda'. Primary Investigator.
2017: £5K - College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) Knowledge Exchange & Impact Grant. 'G-Force: A Smartphone Application to Improve Concussion Knowledge Exchange and Attitudes in Motor Sport. Co-Investigator.
2015-2018: £50K+ - Principals Career Development & Edinburgh Global Awards.