PhD Linguistics & English Language
- Linguistics and English Language
- School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
- Email: Qi.Li@ed.ac.uk
Dugald Stewart Building
- 3 Charles Street, Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9AD
2018-present: PhD Linguistics and English Language, The University of Edinburgh
- Project: Syntax and Information Structure: The Distribution of Existential Clause and Locative Inversion
2016-2017: MSc English Language, The University of Edinburgh
- Dissertation: How Information Structural Constraints Bias Comprehenders to Expect New Information
2011-2015: BA English, Fujian Medical University
- Dissertation: Gender Differences in Emotive Expressions—A Case Study of Pride and Prejudice
Responsibilities & affiliations
Member of The Linguistic Society of Belgium
09/2019 - 08/2020: Tutor in Linguistics and English Language
09/2019 - 08/2021: Tutor in PPLS Writing Centre
I am interested in conferences that focus on General Linguistics, Pragmatics, Syntax and Construction Grammar.
Linguist’s Day of the Linguistic Society of Belgium
Title: The Distribution and Constraints of Existential Clauses and Locative Inversion in English, Brussels, Belgium.
Linguistics and English Language Postgraduate Conference
Title: The Distribution and Constraints of Existential Clauses and Locative Inversion in English, Edinburgh, UK.