- School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
- Email: email@example.com
Room F8, Psychology Building
- 7 George Square, Edinburgh
- Post code
- EH8 9JZ
- Nash, M. and Donaldson, M.L. (2005). Word learning in children with vocabulary deficits. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, 48, 439-458.
- Donaldson, M.L., Reid, J. and Murray, C. (2007). Causal sentence production in children with language impairments. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders. 42 (2), 155-186. (ISSN 1368-2822)
- Donaldson, M.L. and Cooper, L.S.M. (2009). Children's production of verb-phrase anaphora in a spoken task. Journal of Child Language, 36, 449-470.
- Economic and Social Research Council, £47,000: The development of verb-phrase anaphora in children's language, October 1991 to September 1993 (with Lynn Cooper).
- Medical Research Council, £71,000: The role of phonological awareness in children's speech and reading difficulties, January 1992 to June 1994 (with Robert Grieve and Elizabeth Dean).
- Scottish Office Education Department, £127,000: The role of speech and language therapists in the education of pupils with special educational needs, October 1993 to September 1995 (with Robert Grieve, George Thomson and Elizabeth Dean).
- Economic and Social Research Council, £30,000: Children's production and comprehension of verb-phrase ellipsis, February 1994 to October 1994 (with Lynn Cooper).
- Scottish Office Home and Health Department, £94,000: Comprehension and production of explanations in children with language impairment, November 1994 to November 1996 (with Jennifer Reid).
- Economic and Social Research Council, £30,000: Children’s acquisition of Scottish Gaelic Grammar: a preliminary study, October 1995 to September 1996 (with William Gillies and Jennifer Reid).
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Member of Linguistics Association of Great Britain
- Member of International Association for the Study of Child Language
- Developmental Psychology (U00587)
- Children with Language Impairments (U00589)
Current PhD students supervised
Language development and language impairment in children.