Teaching Fellow in Chinese
- Asian Studies
- School of Literatures, Languages, and cultures
19 George Square
- Post code
- EH8 9LD
Yue Min worked for several years as an English and Chinese teacher in China, after completing her BA in Language Teaching Methodology. She moved to the UK in 2009 to undertake an MA in Chinese/English Interpreting at Middlesex University, under the UK’s leading Chinese interpreter Dr Kevin Lin. Following a spell as an Interpreter and translator, Yue Min moved back into Chinese language teaching, working as a teacher and programme leader for the University of East London and London School of Economics. She became a full time Teaching Fellow at the University of Edinburgh in 2017, and is currently Course organizer for Chinese 2A. Her research interests lie in the fields of Language Teaching Methodology and Technology Enhanced Learning in language teaching.
Chinese 1 Presentation (integrated skills class)
Chinese 2A Communicative Practise & Reading and Writing & Grammar
Chinese 2C Reading and Writing
Chinese 4A Extensive Reading
Chinese Language 1A: Oral Tutorial
Chinese Language 1B: NPCR Tutorial
Open to PhD supervision enquiries?
Yue Min’s areas of interest and research include:
* Online and blended learning.
* Flipped Learning in Higher Education language teaching.
* Task Based Learning in language teaching.
* Innovating feedback on student written work through Screen Capture software.
* Improving tutor-student dialogue via Online Student Response Systems such as Socrative.