Senior Content Designer
- Prospective Student Web Content
- Communications and Marketing
- University Secretary's Group
St Leonard's Land
- Post code
- EH8 8AQ
Lauren has been a Senior Content Designer in the Prospective Student Web Content team since 2021. She was a Content Designer in the team from 2019 to 2021.
She was previously with Website and Communications in Information Service Group from 2015 to 2019.
In her current role, Lauren and her teammates work to deliver effective, efficient and satisfying prospective student website experiences.
Projects have included:
- developing the content model for the future of undergraduate degree provision
- improving content on how students pay tuition fees
- improving the student experience of applying for visas
- improving the tuition fees finding experience
- design sprints to create a new degree finder
In her role at Website and Communications, Lauren conducted site builds for a range of University departments. She also led a project around iterative editorial improvements to IT help content for IS Helpline.
- UtterlyContent 2022: Using content skills to make a better world
- ContentEd 2021: Building confidence: lessons learned in a content career
- IWMW 2019: Cascading style guides: finding evidence for editorial best practice
- IWMW 2018: You’ve got (too much) mail: encouraging self-service through improving content
- IWMW 2017: Create effective content quickly with pair writing
In 2019, Lauren was a member of the Institutional Web Management Workshop (IWMW) Advisory Group. IWMW was a conference dedicated to bringing together digital professionals in higher education to network and share best practice.