- Prospective Student Web Content
- Communications and Marketing
- University Secretary's Group
St Leonard's Land
- Post code
- EH8 8AQ
Lauren works as a content designer in the Prospective Student Web Content team.
She was previously with Website and Communications in Information Service Group from 2015 to 2019.
In her current role, Lauren and her teammates work to deliver effective, efficient and satisfying prospective student website experiences.
Projects have included:
- improving the tuition fees finding experience
- updating degree finder entries
- managing Covid-19 content for prospective students
In her role at Website and Communications, Lauren conducted site builds for a range of University departments. She also led a project around iterative editorial improvements to IT help content for IS Helpline.
- ContentEd 2021: Building confidence: lessons learned in a content career
- IWMW 2019: Cascading style guides: finding evidence for editorial best practice
- Drupal Camp Scotland 2019: A universal style guide: Finding evidence for editorial best practice
- IWMW 2018: You’ve got (too much) mail: encouraging self-service through improving content
- IWMW 2017: Create effective content quickly with pair writing
For 2019 to 2020, Lauren was a member of the Institutional Web Management Workshop (IWMW) Advisory Group. IWMW is a conference dedicated to bringing together digital professionals in higher education to network and share best practice.