Outreach Officer (ACES)
I am the Outreach Officer for ACES (Access to Creative Education Scotland) at the University of Edinburgh, an experienced community arts facilitator and a freelance illustrator.
Within my role with ACES, I aim to work with schools, community groups and organisations to help a wide range of young people in gaining access to creative education and career paths.
I have provided arts activity within community settings since beginning work as a Student Ambassador for ACES Tayside during my undergraduate studies. Since then, I have facilitated and planned creative projects for organisations across Scotland including North Lanarkshire Council, Royal Botanical Gardens Edinburgh, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Glasgow Zine Library.
From 2021-22, I was the Lead Artist of the Postal Art Project - a remote, council-wide visual arts project in North Lanarkshire for vulnerable and isolated people in response to the pandemic. In 2022, two of my children's book projects were exhibited at Bologna Children's Book Fair and I was awarded VACMA funding to expand my illustrative printmaking work on a self-initiated woodland residency.
- 2011 - HNC Art and Design - City of Glasgow College
- 2012 - Portfolio Preparation - Tramway Visual Art Studio
- 2017 - BDes Hons Illustration - University of Dundee
- 2021 - MA Children's Book Illustration - Cambridge School of Art
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Member of Scottish Artist's Union
- Member of Association of Illustrators
- Member of Society of Authors and Illustrators