Senior Content Designer in Content Operations (Secondment)
Flo is an experienced content professional with a background that incorporates writing, editing, storylining and film and TV journalism. She has eight years of experience as a professional copywriter and content editor, and has worked with clients from a variety of sectors, including LloydsPharmacy, Tesco Bank, The Telegraph and Expedia.
Previous roles within the University include:
- Web content editor at the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
- Marketing & communications assistant at the School of History, Classics and Archaeology
- Tutor in English Literature and Creative Writing at the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
Flo joined the Prospective Student Web Content Team in March 2022 in her first role as a content designer. She works in the Continuous Improvement team to audit and optimise website content for prospective students, following human-centred design methodology.
She is currently working as Senior Content Designer within Content Operations, on secondment from the Continuous Improvement team.
- English Literature BA Hons (Durham University)
- Creative Writing MSc (Edinburgh University)
- Creative Writing PhD (Edinburgh University)
- Applying for a visa - Student Immigration Service (March-June 2022)
For this project, we worked with the Student Immigration Service to improve their content on applying for a student visa. The aims were to limit confusion around the process, encourage self-service, and reduce the number of enquiries coming to the team.
- Fees payment - Finance (June-July 2022)
For this project, we worked with Finance to overhaul their guidance on paying fees. The aims were to encourage students to pay their fees on time, capture data about how students are paying their fees, and reduce enquiries to the team.
- Future undergraduate degree finder (ongoing)
I have been involved in the redevelopment of the undergraduate degree finder, and the supporting content it links out to. I helped build a content model (to plan the attributes for a new programme entry) and created a content model schema (to map the relationships between the new programme entry and surrounding sites), and have contributed to content design and usability research to develop the programme entry itself in more detail.
- 7-9 June 2023
- Dynamic Earth Edinburgh