As of June 2023, I am a post-doctoral research assistant at the Department of Experimental Psychology at Ghent University (so feel free to contact me at my new uni email!).
Prior to this, I did my PhD in Psychology and MSc in Psychology of Language in Edinburgh (hence the existence of this page). Before that, I did a BSc in Psychology (Cognitive Science track) in my home town, Madrid (with one year abroad, at the KU Leuven). At some point in between, I was also doing a BA in English Studies (with the hopes of learning more about Northern Ireland and its contemporary literature) and working at the Carlos III Health Institute, at the Cognitive Neuroscience Division.
- Data Analysis for Psychology in R 3
- Introduction to Cognitive Science labs
- Critical Analysis
- Psychology 1 & 2 labs
- Tutor at the PPLS Skills Centre for writing and statistics (UG & PG)
I have previously tutored Data Analysis for Psychology in R1, Data Analysis for Psychology in R2, and Psychology 2 tutorials and labs.
- Multivariate Statistics Using R
- 20th Psycholinguistics in Flanders (Ghent). "Local versus global reasons for a speaker to be disfluent: Feeling of another’s knowing for native and non-native speakers". Badaya, E., Corley, M., & Hartsuiker, R. Poster presentation.
- 36th Annual Conference on Human Sentence Processing (Pittsburg). "How do disfluencies affect prediction? Evidence from L1 and L2 listeners". Badaya, E., & Corley, M. Online poster presentation.
- 28th Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing, 2022 (York). "Pragmatic cues to deception survive translation", Badaya, E., Rohde, H., & Corley, M. Poster Presentation.
- XV International Symposium of Psycholinguistics, 2021 (Madrid). "Non-natives' pragmatics interpretation of disfluencies and speaker identity", Badaya, E., Rohde, H., & Corley, M. Poster Presentation.
- 26th Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing, 2020 (Potsdam). "Discourse markers activate their, like, cohort competitors", Bosker, R. H. , Badaya, E. , & Corley, M. Poster Presentation.
- 25th Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing, 2019 (Moscow). "It doesn’t matter who you are, I still don’t believe you: Disfluency and deception in native and non-native speakers.", Badaya, E. , & Corley, M. Poster Presentation.
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping, 2017 (Vancouver). "Priming of social and emotional cues affects cognitive conflicto mechanisms: An ERPs study.", Ye-Chen, S., Fondevila, S., Ramos Badaya, E., Espuny, J., Hernández-Gutiérrez, D., Jiménez-Ortega, L., Muñoz-Muñoz, F., Casado, P., Martín-Loeches, M. Poster Presentation.
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping, 2017 (Vancouver). "Embodied emotions interact with syntax.". Jiménez-Ortega, L, Ramos Badaya, E., Espuny, J., Silvera, M., Fondevila, S., Hernández-Gutiérrez, D., Muñoz, F., Casado, P., Martín-Loeches, M. Poster Presentation.
Psycholinguistics coffee, 2021 - 2023.
Language and Interaction Network, 2023.
Language at Edinburgh Lunch Committee, 2019-2021