Dr Andrina Inglis (EdD, CT, MSc, PGDE, BSc)
Moray House School of Education, SL 3.33
- University of Edinburgh (Holyrood Campus)
- Post code
- EH8 8AQ
Appointments can be arranged by email.
Doctor of Education , Univeristy of Edinburgh
Chartered Teacher (Scotland)
MSc CEME, Napier University
PGDE Secondary (Mathematics), Moray House College of Education
BSc(Hons) Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University
- Education Studies 1B from MA Primary with....
- BEd 4 Dissertation Supervision
PGDE Secondary Mathematics
- The mathematics education of secondary age learners.
- The effective use of ICT within the classroom
- Student teacher development from placement experiences.
- The role(s) of HEI in Initial Teacher Education of the future .
- Exploring the value of Chartered Teachers in the future of Scottish education.
Past research interests• Mathematics teachers' conceptions of their actions with students on placement. • The use of IWB and VLE within the secondary mathematics classroom. • The role of the Chartered Teachers in Scottish education.
Provision of Case Studies for LTS website [now Education Scotland].
- STEP Annual Conference,
- ACTS Annucal Conference, ‘Exploring Leadership’ – National Education Conference, Stirling Management Centre, March 2014
- AMET Annual Conference, Birmingham, September 2010; 2011; 2012
- Scottish Schools Conference Organiser of ‘Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclass – A Day of Celebration’, University of Edinburgh, June 2010
Regular participant in SMC & MA annual conferences.
- Teachers Teaching with Technology – International Conferencee, ‘Discussion: Is ITE educating mathematics student teachers in the use of Hand-Held Technology in the classroom sufficiently?’ Chicago, March 2012.
- Teachers Teaching with Technology – National Conference, ‘Teaching Teachers: effective collaboration between ITE and schools.’ University of Roehampton, July 2011.
- Scottish Mathematics Council Conference, ‘UK Mathematics Trust – The Team Challenge’, University of Stirling, March 2010.
- SETT: Scottish Learning Festival, ‘Introducing the Interactive Whiteboard’, SECC, September 2003; 2004.
Mathematics teachers' conceptions of their actions with student-teachers