Andrew C.K. Yu
Thesis title: Scottish piping development in former British colonies in the Far East
I am a research student at the University of Edinburgh, researching Scottish bagpipe developments and Scottish cultural diaspora in the Far East. I am also a professional bagpiper, have been receiving tuition from Willie McCallum of the National Piping Centre.
Bachelor of Arts (1st Class Honours) in Social Policy and Administration -- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society (Elected in 2017)
Current project grants
The Overseas Research Scholarship (GBP 42,000), September 2018 - August 2021
The Hong Kong St. Andrew's Society Scholarship (HKD 10,000), January 2020
Past project grants
HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund (HKD 50,000), June 2014 - June 2017
The Hong Kong St. Andrew's Society Scholarship (HKD 20,000), September 2018
- Yu, A. C. K. & Lai, K. Y. (4 July 2018). Understanding Gender Differences in the relationship between Walkability and Sense of Community for Older People in Hong Kong, Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018, Dublin, Ireland.
- Lai, K. Y. & Yu, A. C. K. (4 July 2018). Quantity and quality of neighbourhood public open space and the Sense of Community of Chinese older adults in Hong Kong, Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018, Dublin, Ireland.
- Yu, A. C. K. (10 March 2018). The Scottish Piping Development in Hong Kong, International Bagpipe Conference 2018, Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
In the press
- Celtic Life International (Canada), Winter Edition 2012.
- South China Morning Post (Hong Kong), 15 January 2012, 'Hounded from parks for playing the bagpipes'.
- Yu, A. C. K. (In press 2019). Piping development in Hong Kong, International Bagpipe Conference 2018.
- Yu, A. C. K. (2019). The feasibility of the Universal Retirement Protection Scheme: in the view of incomplete citizenship and distorted ideology of welfare in Hong Kong, The Asia Pacific Journal of Advanced Business and Social Studies.
- Yu, A. C. K. (2019). Harmony and discord: development of political parties and social differentiation in Hong Kong, 1980-2017, Open Political Science.
- Yu, A. C. K. (2018). The Interaction between Mathematics and Society in the Tang Dynasty, Bulletin of the Chinese Association for the History of Science.