Aaron is a Analyst Developer and Software Engineer, part of IS Applications and embedded within the Prospective Student Web Team in Communications and Marketing.
Aaron joined the University in March 2017 working in the Department for Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
Aaron is responsible for maintaining, administering and developing web systems, applications and services for the Department. Aaron is responsible for maintaining a full modern web stack based on Linux and Plesk, using tools and technologies including: Drupal 8, Symfony, Git, PhpStorm, Nginx, PHP, Apache Web Server, Apache Solr Search, and MySQL.
Aaron also fulfils the role of Local Computing Officer for the Department, coordinating our IT systems and support. Aaron provide first, second and third-line IT support and advise to colleagues directly and in partnership with IT Help Desk (IS Helpline) colleagues. Aaron manages and administers IT systems including Windows 10, Active Directory and works with various bespoke University systems (including IDM).
Despite working in one department Aaron has build up strong relationships with colleagues from across the University. This has allowed him to make meaningful contributions to the University as a whole, including: putting together an early Drupal 8 build of EdGEL (the University’s standard web theme), and building Drupal 8 modules for authentication with EASE (the University’s central web authentication service).
Previous to joining the University, Aaron worked in the retail side of Specsavers in various roles including Marketing and Management. Additionally Aaron also started and now runs a Scottish Web and Cloud Hosting provider.
As of March 2020, Aaron joined IS Applications Development Services as a Software Engineer (specialising in PHP and Drupal development), he is fully embeded within the Communications and Marketing Prospective Student Web Content Team.
- Ongoing development of the Department's CRM
- Porting EdGEL Drupal 7 theme to Drupal 8 along with various Drupal modules which faciliate EASE authentication in Drupal
- Developing MySRS, a new online platform built using Drupal 8 which aims to act as a central online portal for staff and students to engage with the Department
- Technical development of the Be Sustainable Online Training, built in MySRS
- Ongoing maintenance of our Business Travel Reporting Site
- September 2020: A rapid and user-centred development for Clearing 2020