Senate discussion 10 February 2021: Research and Innovation
All members of staff are warmly invited to the presentation and discussion section of Senate.
The topic of this Senate discussion is Adaptation and Renewal: Reserch and Innovation. The meeting will open with updates from the Convener of Senate, Principal and Vice-Chancellor Professor Peter Mathieson.
This will then be followed by a presentation and discussion session:
Enriching our Research Culture: Professor Jonathan Seckl, Senior Vice-Principal
- ART Research and Innovation - surviving and thriving
- Consequent changes in funding and approaches
- New large initiatives
- Growing industry engagement
Creating a Culture for Researchers to Thrive in: Dr Sara Shinton, Head of Researcher Development
- A summary of our ambitious action plan following the signing of the national Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers in February 2020
- How we will apply learning from research into inequalities (EPSRC Evidence Base project) and how the SFC-funded researcher development support will help researchers to overcome the impacts of Covid-19 restrictions
- An update on our plans to create a new Research Staff Hub as part of our vision for improved research staff support
The audience will have opportunities to provide feedback and ask questions following the presentation.
The session will take place on Wednesday 10 February at 2.00pm. The meeting will take place online, and further details will be sent to participants in advance of the meeting.
Places for this event can be booked through MyEd:
In order to allow time for the meeting set-up, please note registration will close at 5pm on Monday 8 February 2021.
Please note that this event will be recorded, and recordings will be made available to staff on request.
Detailed information on the Adaptation and Renewal Research and Innovation workstream can be found on the Adaptation and Renewal Sharepoint site:
For information and resources on Researcher Development, please visit:
- The Institute for Academic Development website: Research roles
- The Edinburgh Research Office: Researcher development programmes
The next Senate presentation and discussions will focus on Adaptation and Renewal: Reshaping and Estates & Digital Infrastructure – 2 June 2021.