The Students’ Association Teaching Awards 2020
The Student’s Association celebrated the fantastic work of University staff virtually this year, by holding their annual Teaching Awards online.
The awards recognise teachers, personal tutors, students who tutor, research supervisors and support staff who all make a positive impact on students’ learning experiences at the University of Edinburgh.
- Supervisor of the Year – Viccy Coltman, Edinburgh College of Art
- Outstanding Feedback - Gudrun Schoeffmann, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Personal Tutor of the Year - Jessie Paterson, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Outstanding Support Staff - Jean O’Donoghue, School of Chemistry
- Student Tutor of the Year - Daniel Day, Edinburgh Medical School
- Outstanding Commitment to Liberation in the Curriculum - Sharon Cowan and Chloë Kennedy, School of Law
- Outstanding Course - Music in the Community, Edinburgh College of Art
- The Ian Campbell Award for Teaching in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences - Jane McKie, School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures (LLC)
- The Van Heyningen Award for Teaching in Science and Engineering - Andreas Sogaard, School of Physics and Astronomy
- Best Teaching in Veterinary Medicine - Bronwyn Koterwas, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- The Kendell Award for Teaching in Medicine - Dawn Livingstone, Edinburgh Medical School: Biomedical Sciences
You can read more on the Students’ Association website, or watch video clips from the Awards on their Facebook page.