Senate meeting 7 October 2020: Adaptation and Renewal - Students
All members of staff are warmly invited to the presentation and discussion section of Senate.
The meeting will open with updates from the Convener of Senate, Principal and Vice-Chancellor Professor Peter Mathieson.
This will be followed by a presentation and discussion on ‘Adaptation and Renewal: Students – Reflections, Lessons and Next Steps’.
While the recent work carried out under the Student work stream has concentrated on preparations for Semester 1, their agenda also focuses on the rest of the academic year and how we might consider improvements and refinements that we could take forward across the key work areas of ‘Transitioning to the University of Edinburgh’, ‘Curriculum Resilience’, and ‘Rethinking Student Administration and Support’.
In this discussion at Senate we will reflect on the work to date, as the Semester unfolds, and across the key work domains to consider what our next steps might be. This discussion will also include student perspectives.
Speakers will include:
- Introduction – Professor Colm Harmon, Vice-Principal Students
- Building Ongoing Curriculum Resilience – Tracey Slaven, Deputy Secretary Strategic Planning
- Student Support – Gavin Douglas, Deputy Secretary Student Experience
- Student Perspectives – Ellen MacRae, President of the Students’ Association
- Internationalising Edinburgh – Professor James Smith, Vice-Principal International
The audience will have opportunities to provide feedback and ask questions following the presentation.
The session will take place on Wednesday 7 October at 2.00pm.
The meeting will take place online, and further details will be sent to participants in advance of the meeting.
Places for this event can be booked through MyEd.
In order to allow time for the meeting set-up, please note registration will close at 5pm on Monday 5 October 2020.
Please note that this event will be recorded, and recordings will be made available to staff on request.
Further information on the Adaptation and Renewal Student workstream can be found on the Adaptation and Renewal Sharepoint site.
Future Senate meetings
Future Senate presentation and discussions will focus on:
- Adaptation and Renewal: Research and Innovation – 10 February 2021
- Adaptation and Renewal: Reshaping and Estates & Digital Infrastructure – 2 June 2021