Staff pension sessions
Sessions across campus in September will provide staff with an update on the USS pensions consultation and other useful pensions-related information.
Staff may have already received, or will shortly be receiving, documentation about the forthcoming Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) Employer Consultation 2018.
This seeks to gain the views of USS Pension Scheme members, prospective members and employee representatives on proposed changes to the Scheme.
Staff sessions will provide more information about pensions, saving for the future and other issues.
The sessions will be hosted by John Porteous, Actuary at Mercer in Edinburgh, with whom the University has worked in the past to help deliver complex information on pensions and pensions tax.
They will include:
- Saving for retirement, with examples of how much you might need to save
- An update on the current USS situation and what the consultation means to members
- An explanation of the Joint Expert Panel and next steps
- The chance to ask questions of Mercer and key University representatives
The sessions will take place at the following venues:
- Friday 7th September: Lecture Theatre, Joseph Black Building, King's Buildings, 10:00am-11:30am
- Friday 7th September: Lecture Theatre 5, Appleton Tower, Central campus, 12:15pm-1:45pm
- Friday 7th September: Lecture Theatre, IGMM, Western General Hospital, 2:45pm-4:15pm
- Thursday 13th September: Gordon Aikman Lecture Theatre, George Square, Central campus, 8:45am-10:15am
- Thursday 13th September: Lecture Theatre 1, Vet School, Easter Bush, 11:15am-12:45pm
- Friday 28th September: Auditorium A, Chancellors Building, Little France, 9:15am-10:45am
Please register for these events on the MyEd booking pages.
To further support staff, we will also be providing additional information and FAQs on the Human Resources website.