Funding for student and staff projects
Students and staff can apply for up to £500 of funding for projects that support a partnership between the University and the Students’ Association.
Last year the two organisations launched the first Student Partnership Agreement, which sets out how they can work together more effectively to further improve learning and teaching.
Funds are available for students and staff to submit bids to undertake small projects that support the agreement.
Projects must involve both students and staff, be linked to one of the partnership agreement key themes and be completed by July 1 2019.
The deadline for submitting a bid is Friday 26 October.
Applications will be considered by a panel and responses will be sent by Friday 2 November.
The key themes of the Student Partnership Agreement for 2018/19 are:
- Supporting staff and students to develop effective learning communities.
Promoting positive mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting staff and students to develop initiatives that promote Community Building.
- Facilitating the growth of peer support networks and cocreating a range of events for Mental Health Awareness Week and across the academic year.
- Supporting staff and students in key support/peer mentor roles through mental health training and guidance.
- Continue working towards a programme level representation structure for all student groups to enable student feedback to be shared and addressed.
- Working to develop initiatives that promote inclusion equality and diversity.
- Co-creating learning opportunities e.g. collaborative projects where staff and students work together to design/re-design courses/ assessments or programmes.
If you would like further information, please contact Academic Services for a guidance document and the application at the following email address: Academic.Services@ed.ac.uk