Old College Law School refurbishment
As part of the University’s investment in world-class facilities, Edinburgh Law School’s rooms in Old College are undergoing a complete refurbishment.
Work began on the project in November 2015 but we are pleased to announce that the timescale for this refurbishment has since been significantly shortened, with the Law School expecting to move back into Old College at the start of 2018.
Staff and students directly affected by these changes should have already been informed.
- The Law Library in Old College is now closed and will reopen in David Hume Tower on 13 June with restricted service, and with full service resuming on 4 July 2016
Edinburgh Law School staff based on the north side of Old College will be gradually moving to David Hume Tower from 20 June to 4 July. Law School staff currently based in offices on the south side of Old College and at 15 Buccleuch Place will remain in those locations during the refurbishment. If you are meeting a member of Law School staff over the period of the refurbishment, please contact them directly or call Reception on 502008 to check their location.
- Student Services, Old College Reception and the bookable rooms in the south side
- The Talbot Rice Gallery
- There will be no access to the Law School parts of Old College (north, northeast and northwest wings) from 20 June 2016 until the start of 2018
- Access to the Old College quad and the southside of the building will remain open but may be restricted at times – notices on the building will provide clear instructions
- Full height scaffolding will be in place around the exterior of the building from West College Street to the main arch on South Bridge, and on the interior of the north side of the building
- The Law School’s postal address and phone numbers will remain the same
- A full list of temporary office locations will be made available online soon
Keep up to date with developments on the Refurbishment website, blog and social media channels below.