New Fellows of Royal Society of Edinburgh
Seven members of University staff have been made Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
They join a prestigious Fellowship of around 1,600 individuals who have each demonstrated significant achievements in a broad range of fields.
The Edinburgh staff members included in the Royal Society of Edinburgh’s 2016 intake are:
- Professor David Argyle, Head of the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Professor Annette Ferguson, Professor of Observational Astrophysics
- Professor Stuart Forbes, Professor of Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine
- Professor Lynn Jamieson, Professor of Sociology of Families and Relationships
- Professor Cait MacPhee, Professor of Biological Physics
- Professor Jon Oberlander, Professor of Informatics
- Professor Igor Rudan, Joint Director, Centre for Global Health Research
It is fantastic to welcome such a range of outstanding individuals to the Fellowship. Each newly elected Fellow has been nominated on their notable and extensive achievements. In joining the Fellowship, they will strengthen the RSE’s capacity to advance excellence across all areas of public life; both in Scotland and further afield.