Funds for overseas career development
Funding is now available for all staff to teach or train in Europe and beyond.
The University’s Go Abroad fund allows staff to spend a week in one of 33 European countries, or at one of our international partners in Asia, Latin America or Russia.
Opportunities are open to all academic, administrative and support staff.
The Go Abroad programme for staff is funded by the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility scheme.
The funds exist not only for academic teaching visits abroad, but also for training and career development activities. These could include:
- Improving your understanding of an aspect of your role at a workshop or staff training event
- Getting a new perspective on how things are done elsewhere by job shadowing counterparts at another institution
- Developing your professional and personal skills at an intercultural, international staff week
Find out more
Come along to one of four lunchtime events to hear from staff who’ve done it before and learn where you could go, what funding is available and how to apply:
- Thursday 1 September – Chrystal MacMillan Building, George Square, Seminar Rm 2 (Rm G.02)
- Tuesday 6 September – JCMB, King’s Buildings, Rm 4.4325A (4th floor)
- Thursday 8 September – NVS Building, Easter Bush, Rm 1.27 (NVS Large Tutorial Room)
- Tuesday 13 September – Medical School, Little France, exact venue tbc
For more information, please contact: email@example.com