The programme is accredited by the following international bodies:
- The Higher Education Academy (part of Advance HE). Upon completion of the Postgraduate Certificate, and by meeting qualifying criteria, you will be eligible to apply for Fellowship of the HEA . They champion excellent learning and teaching in higher education. They run events, promote networks and connections, and provide resources that you may find useful in your learning and teaching. The benefits of Fellowship are numerous, especially if you work in a Higher Education institution, or wish to in the future, and want to develop your career in teaching. See the webpages for individuals for more information.
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AoME). Anyone who has successfully completed the Postgraduate Certificate will be able to apply for Membership of the Academy without the need to go through the full application and assessment process. You will be required to complete a 500-word reflective statement, upload proof of course completion and provide details of a supporter* but will not need to complete the CPD and peer review sections.
In summary, the accredited route requires:
• A 500-word reflective statement.
• A copy of your certificate or a confirmation letter from our programme.
• Reference (contact details only)*.
The non-accredited route requires:
• A 500 word reflective statement on professional values (compulsory for all applications).
• Evidence of CPD in medical education (undertaken in the last two years).
• A peer review of your teaching.
• A 250 word reflection on peer feedback.
The Academy of Medical Educators is the professional home for anyone who is actively involved in the education and training of medical, dental and veterinary professionals at all stages. There are many benefits of becoming a member, including joining a community of medical educators with career support and career development opportunities and discounted rates for AoME workshops, master classes and events. You can use the postnominal: MAcadMEd, signifying special interest/expertise in medical education.
We work in close partnership with NHS Education for Scotland and with associate tutors who have specialist expertise.
Other contributors for dentistry, nursing and professions allied to medicine may also participate.