The section has been based in the Old Medical School in Teviot Place since the end of 2005. The research interests of the Clinical Psychology section cover the whole of the lifespan, focusing on childhood to adult and older adult mental health and emotional well being as well as the psychological impact of chronic physical ill health.
We offer a wide range of ways to study the theory, research and practice of clinical psychology, including MSc and PhD programmes, professional training programmes (DClinPsychol, MSc Applied Psychology) and continuous professional development for those working in health and mental health related services.
Our research interests and areas, staff publications, and information on our research projects and current PhD students and doctoral trainees.
View our staff list and profiles to find out more about us. Many of the teaching staff are qualified practitioner psychologists and we also have a number of support staff who help facilitate student learning.
- Homeless and at home: the researcher who lived among squatters
- Siobhan O’Connor appointed as an Associate Editor with the International Journal of Older People Nursing
- Edinburgh Alumni Honoured at the Human Rights & Nursing Awards
- Dr Steph Grohmann Awarded Leverhulme Fellowship
- Frankie Greenwood wins University 3MT
- Nursing Studies Ranked Number 1 in the UK