Entrance qualifications for the MSc in Restorative Dentistry.
A Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree or equivalent primary dental qualification is required along with a minimum of one year post qualification experience in general dental practice. In order to complete the distance clinical practice element of the programme you must be working in a clinical environment that allows you to treat a full range of patients with a variety of treatment needs. Where applicable, you will also be required to meet any language requirements in accordance with the University of Edinburgh's regulations.
English language requirements
All students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native-speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the University.
Supporting documentation must be uploaded to support your application:
- Degree transcript
- Evidence of registration or practicing license within own country
- Evidence of current clinical post
- One academic reference
Minimum computer specification:
- PC or Mac (1.2GHz or faster processor, 256MB of RAM)
- USB headset with a microphone (or separate headphones and microphone)
- Webcam desirable
- Internet connection (240kbps or faster). Broadband is essential for full use of all tools. Wires work better than wireless for maintaining a high-quality connection without any delays, so if you can connect your computer by cable, it will ensure a good quality experience.
Current versions of the following free programs:
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player
- Office suite capable of reading and creating Word documents
- Cookies must be enabled
- Popup windows must be enabled
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright © The University of Edinburgh 2012-2015.