Social Responsibility and Sustainability
Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility is committed to contributing to social responsibility and sustainability at the University of Edinburgh.
Within the Clinical Research Facility, we are taking the following steps:
- Participating in the University’s Sustainability Awards programme. We currently hold 2 Gold Awards, one for our Genetics Lab and a one for our offices at the Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility.
- Discussing sustainability issues at staff and management meetings to ensure sustainability is embedded in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Devising and following policies and procedures to improve resource efficiency and sustainability, including the following:
- paper reduction policy, including paper-free meetings
- business travel procedure
- energy-saving initiatives
- waste and recycling initiatives
- health and wellbeing initiatives
The University of Edinburgh’s Climate Strategy states that the institution will reduce its carbon emissions per million pounds turnover by 50% from a 2007/08 baseline, and become a net zero carbon university by 2040, in order to mitigate and adapt to climate change. The Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility recognises and endorses this goal. We commit to supporting the Climate Strategy through our working practices.