The Chaplaincy Centre in Bristo Square houses Chaplaincy staff offices, comfortable drop-in space and facilities for groups.
Normally we are open 9.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday in semester time for "drop in", with tea and coffee available in the kitchen (donations appreciated). Many societies book the space in the evening - usually these events run between 5pm and 9pm.
The Bristo Square chaplaincy building will be closed from Friday 26th May until Monday 11th September 2017, but the Chaplains will still be available - email email@example.com to contact a chaplain, or call 0131 650 2598 to speak to the Chaplaincy Administrator (out of hours, call Security on 0131 650 2257 to speak to a Chaplain in an emergency).
The Centre is a very popular place for people to meet. Around 3000 people pass through its doors each week for
- Drop in space with tea, coffee, newspapers, comfy seats and a piano
- Quiet reflection
- Viewing exhibitions
- Use of resource centre and library
- Personal support
- Wide variety of student society meetings
All of the downstairs areas have good disabled access. There is an induction loop system in the auditorium.
- Auditorium (with a capacity of 200 people)
- Multi-faith Sanctuary off main auditorium
- Toilets (with disabled access)
- Receptionist's office
You are welcome to use the Sanctuary as a quiet space for personal use. This is an inclusive space for those of any faith and none.
The upstairs areas can be accessed by a lift if necessary, through the Potterrow bar, but unfortunately prior notice is required and access is only available while Potterrow itself is open.
- Two meeting rooms which can hold 65 - 70 people max.
- Spirituality and Multi-faith Resource Centre/Library
- Contemplation room
The contemplation room is for personal space, and is available for use on a 'first come' basis.