Application Process and Eligibility Criteria
Details of our live PhD projects, application guidance and eligibility criteria.
APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2024 ARE NOW CLOSED
The deadline for submitting your application was Monday 15th January 2024.
You can sign up for email communications by registering your interest: here
Applicants who have been selected for interview will be notified directly by email. Interviews will take place in late February/early March. All applications will be on hold during this time and will not be progressed further on the system.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants directly. Decisions for unsuccessful applicants will be communicated via MyEd once the recruitment process is complete, no later than the end of April.
You must complete the Recruitment Form below and upload it to the Research Proposal section of your application. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT THE RECRUITMENT FORM.
- Applications for all projects must be submitted via the University of Edinburgh's Degree Finder. Please only submit ONE application.
- A CV is required and you should upload this to the document upload section of your application.
- You are not required to submit a Research Proposal.
- Applicants must apply to a specific project. Please ensure that you include details of the project(s) that you are applying for on the Recruitment Form.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects.
Please see below video guidance describing the application process:
- Video: Precision Medicine Application Instructional Video
- Precision Medicine PhD with Integrated Study Application Process Instructions
Applicants applying for a MRC DTP in Precision Medicine studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be a UK National (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have settled status, or
• Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
All other candidates will be classed as an International student.
All successful candidates (Home or International) will receive full tuition and stipend support.