Application Process and Eligibility Criteria
Details of our live PhD projects, application guidance and eligibility criteria.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022 INTAKE ARE NOW CLOSED.
The programme structure page of this website has recently been updated (November 2021). Please view the new page here to ensure that you are aware of the 2022 programme structure before applying to this programme..
- Before making an application, please contact the primary supervisor to discuss the project.
- Applications for all projects must be submitted via the University of Edinburgh's Degree Finder.
- If you are applying to a University of Glasgow lead project, you should select 'PhD with Integrated Study Precision Medicine (Non-UoE lead with Glasgow)' and if you are applying to a University of Edinburgh lead project, you should select 'PhD with Integrated Study Precision Medicine (UoE lead with Glasgow)'
- For those applying to a University of Glasgow project, following the application deadline, your application along with any supporting documents will be shared with University of Glasgow.
- Please include a CV with your application. This can be uploaded anywhere on your application. For example, as a Research Proposal is not required, it can be uploaded to that section.
- Applicants must apply to a specific project. Please ensure that you include details of the project that you are applying to under the Programme section of your application. The project title should be included in the Research Topic field.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects. Please submit a separate application for each project.
- As you are applying to an existing project, you are not required to submit a research proposal as part of your application.
Applicants applying for a MRC DTP in Precision Medicine studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
Due to a recent update in UKRI guidance, we are delighted that we will now be able to accept applications from international students, with them able to make up to 30% of our cohort each year.
To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be a UK National (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have settled status, or
• Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
All other candidates will be classed as an International student.
All successful candidates (Home or International) will receive full tuition and stipend support.