Student Administration

Legalisation of documents

How to have documentation legalised for use overseas or certified.


If you wish to find or contact a notary public or solicitor in your local area, the relevant society, or faculty office for your part of the UK should be able to help. The following are links to their websites:

Legalisation of documents and Apostille

If you are going to use British documents overseas, for business or personal reasons, it is possible you will be asked to have your documents legalised before they can be accepted. Legalisation is carried out by the Legalisation Office of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Student Administration does not provide this service.

Please view the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for guidance on legalisation of documents.

Research Council Application Forms

Student Administration is happy to complete the verification of qualification section on ESRC forms and return them to ESRC but we do not hold enough information to complete AHRC forms. Contact your former Department for completion.