Undergraduates: how to get a CAS number
Find out how to request a CAS as an incoming undergraduate student. You should not expect your CAS number until July at the earliest.
Overview of the CAS process
- Receive and accept your unconditional offer.
- Request your CAS through EUCLID.
- Wait for your school's admission team to check your supporting documents.
- Wait for us to send you a draft CAS 3 to 5 days after.
- Check and confirm the details on your draft CAS are correct.
- Wait 3 working days to receive your CAS number.
- Log into your Applicant Hub through EUCLID. You will then be able to see your offer under ‘My UG Applications’ (undergraduate students).
- Select ‘Open Application’.
- Select the link which states ‘Please tell us if you require a CAS’.
- Indicate whether you will need a CAS number for use in a Student visa application.
As you have applied through UCAS, you should not expect to receive a draft CAS until July at the earliest. This is because your school will need to check all your supporting documents before we can issue your CAS.
Once your school has checked your documents, you can expect your draft CAS within 3 to 5 days.
Once you receive your draft CAS, you will need to review it and confirm the details are correct. If any of the details need to be changed, we will send a new draft to you with the updated details.
To confirm your details, log in to your EUCLID portal and click on the ‘Immigration details’ tab under Personal Details. There you will find your draft CAS.
If everything is correct
If everything is correct, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the green button to send us your confirmation.
If details are incorrect
If your details are incorrect, you can click on the red ‘There is a problem with the information’ button to submit a report in the pop-up box. This sends the information back to us for review and editing if necessary.
Once you have confirmed the details on your draft CAS are correct, your CAS number will be generated within 3 working days. You will be notified of the CAS number by email. You will not receive a document. With this number, you can then apply for your Student visa.
Issues with receiving or with the details on your final CAS?
What to do: