Student Immigration Service

Other types of visas

Find out what type of visa you need, if your programme is less than 6 months long, an English language course with a duration of up to 11 months or if you are a British National Overseas (BN(O)) resident in Hong Kong.

Standard Visitor visa

If you study in the UK for up to 6 months and your period of study doesn’t include a work placement, you should come to the UK as a Standard Visitor. You may need to apply for a visa from outside the UK depending on your nationality.

Short-term study visa

You should apply for a short-term study visa if you are studying an English language programme of between 6 and 11 months.

Hong Kong BNO visa

Find out if you would be eligible for a Hong Kong BNO visa for British nationals (overseas).